New guy - imapsync port problem/query - p5-net-ssleay

Erik Likvarn erik at likkie.com
Wed May 2 20:05:30 PDT 2007

On 2007-05-03 11:57:30 +1000, Erik Likvarn <erik at likkie.com> said:

> On 2007-05-03 10:59:19 +1000, markd at macports.org said:
>
>> Erik Likvarn <erik at likkie.com> on Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 4:49 PM -08
> 00
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Everything seemed to be going fine until it got to p5-net-ssleay
>>>
>>> It has been sitting like this all night (about 10 hours now):
>>>
>>> 	sudo port install imapsync
>>> 	--->  Fetching p5-net-ssleay
>>> 	--->  Attempting to fetch Net_SSLeay.pm-1.30.tar.gz from
>>> http://ftp.ucr.ac.cr/Unix/CPAN/modules/by-module/Net
>>> 	--->  Verifying checksum(s) for p5-net-ssleay
>>> 	--->  Extracting p5-net-ssleay
>>> 	--->  Applying patches to p5-net-ssleay
>>> 	--->  Configuring p5-net-ssleay
>>>
>>> 10 hours seems like an awfully long time. The processor cores in my Ma
>>> pro are going at 100% one after other typical of a non-MP aware application.
>>>

>>> Any advice accepted gratefully.
>>
>> It just installed for me ok.  Use -vd for debug output and see what it
> is
>> hanging on.  First clean it.
>>
>> sudo port -vd clean --all p5-net-ssleay
>> sudo port -vd install p5-net-ssleay
>>
>> Mark
>

> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for that advice.
>
> I am getting an error:
>
> 	I could not find your OpenSSL in `'
> 	Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.6j or
> 	OpenSSL-0.9.7b installation directory (get from
> 	 http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
> 	 SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):
>
> Hmm guess I'll check that out.  Do you know if I need the specific
> versions mentioned, as the site www.openssl.org has ver 0.9.8e
> available.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Likkie.

OK I have installed Fink and then used that to install OpenSSL 0.9.6m.

I am still getting the same error when I attempt to install imapsync.

	I could not find your OpenSSL in `'
	Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.6j or
	OpenSSL-0.9.7b installation directory (get from
	 http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
	 SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):

The openssl executable in /sw/bin which the first direcotry in the path
since fink installed.

Obviously I need to specify its location n =soem other way, but I don't
know how to do that.

Grateful for any advice.

Cheers,

Likkie.