erroneous text-editing over sshfs on Mac OS X

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu May 3 01:53:30 PDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

sorry for sending this to such a number of lists, but I really do not
know where exactly this problem belongs.
I am sending this to the MacPorts list again in order to allow

I am using MacPorts' fuse + sshfs to mount several remote directories
from various Linux servers; most of them running OpenSSH 3.8.

When I edit textfiles (typically C++ or python source code) on the
sshfs-volumes and delete some bytes somewhere in the file, the file
on the server sometimes has spurious characters at the end of the
file, often a colon (":"), for example. I am using Aquamacs for the
editing.

Is this a know issue?
Is this an issue of MacPorts, FUSE (MacFUSE ?), sshfs?
Where else should I ask if these are not the appropriate mailing lists?

Details:
   Mac OS X 10.4.9 on PPC/G4
   FUSE library version: 2.6.3
   MacFUSE version 0.2.5
   using FUSE kernel interface version 7.8
   SSHFS version 1.7 (MacFUSE, 8, Apr 24 2007, 10:54:09)
   GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0) of 2006-06-27 on
rodrigues.inf.ed.ac.uk - Aquamacs Distribution 0.9.9d

Greetings,
Jochen

--
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit                http://www.Jochen-