py-tables version ?

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Thu May 3 09:32:11 PDT 2007

"David Tremouilles" <david.trem at gmail.com> on Thursday, May 3, 2007 at
5:35 AM -0800 wrote:
>Hi all !
>
>  I'm brand new to macport and more generally to "mac world" so please
>excuse me if I ask kind of "stupid" questions.
>
>It's been two day I'm playing with macport. (What an impressive tool
>to make your live easier!)
>
>I was wondering whether there is a plan to update the py-tables version
>soon?
>1.3 is quite old and 2.0 is arriving soon (currently at rc1
>http://www.pytables.org/).
>Is there a kind of experimental port for 2.0 version?
>
>Regards,
>
>David

Hi David,

Welcome to the Mac universe.  I just updated py-tables to 1.4.  For beta
versions we sometimes do a port-devel (py-tables-devel in this case) with
the latest version.  On the other hand it depends on the circumstances.
If 2.0's fixes things that are broken in 1.x and no ports would be broken
by 2.x, few ports depend on it or other circumstances then perhaps having
a -devel port is unnecessary.  It all depends.  We don't like to create
any more -devel ports than necessary.  The port currently has no
maintainer so it really needs someone that knows the app to adopt the port
and advise us of whether and when 1.x could be updated to 2.x.

Mark