Error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 3 12:34:47 PDT 2007

Please remember to use the "Reply To All" function in your email
program when you reply to messages on this list, so that your reply
goes to the list as well and not just to me. This way everyone can
participate in the discussion.

On May 3, 2007, at 10:35, Mervyn wrote:

> I get this after installing Xcode.
> barcajax:~ barcajax$ port install wireshark
> Error: Unable to execute port: /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_net_wireshark/work/.darwinports.wireshark.state is not
> writable - check permission on port directory
> Appreciate your input.

You need to run "port install" (and other commands that modify your
installation, like "port uninstall", "port sync", "port selfupdate")
as root. Usually you'd do this by prefacing the command with
"sudo" ("SuperUser DO"):

$ sudo port install wireshark