wxWidgets/libiconv @ loggerheads? + py-wxpython

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Thu May 3 23:06:31 PDT 2007

Hi Nigel,

On 02/05/2007, at 22:21, Nigel King wrote:

> I am not sure of the reasons for the various problems but the
> installation of previous versions and some fink interaction may
> have been contributors.

I have an Intel Mac running only MacPorts and with no previous
installs of wxWidgets or wxpython, and both installed for me without
any trouble at all, so unless you clean out all the other things and
still get the problem on a clean install, I'd be inclined to put it
down to an interaction (though I can't be certain of that).  I don't
think any port system supports running in parallel with another, and
it certainly makes it much harder for us to figure out what was
causing it.  If the reason that you were using fink was that there
were fink packages that MacPorts didn't have, then I think it would
be far better to ask for those ones to be added to MacPorts (or vice
versa if you decide you want to use fink over MacPorts).

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)