FUSE ports [was Re: sshfs]

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Fri May 4 02:16:16 PDT 2007

On 04.05.2007, at 05:21, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> My bigger question is how people are managing to use anything
> depending on fuse at all, at the moment.  On 10.4.9, I get the
> following build error for libfuse:

Well, it simply builds for me on 10.4.9 on G4 and Core Duo systems:

 > sudo port info fusefs
fusefs 0.2.5, fuse/fusefs (Variants: universal, darwin)
http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/

MacFUSE implements a mechanism that makes it possible to implement a
fully functional file system in a user-space program on Mac OS X
(10.4 and above). It aims to be API-compliant with the FUSE (File-
system in USErspace) mechanism that originated on Linux. Therefore,
many existing FUSE file systems become readily usable on Mac OS X.
The core of MacFUSE is in a dynamically loadable kernel extension.

Platforms: darwin
Maintainers: eridius at macports.org

>>> I am using MacPorts' fuse + sshfs to mount several remote
>>> directories from various Linux servers. most running OpenSSH 3.8.
>>>
>>> When I edit textfiles (typically C++ or python source code) and
>>> delete some bytes in the file, the file on the server sometimes
>>> has spurious characters at the end of the file, often a colon
>>> (":"), for example.

Btw, I have tracked /most/ of my problems to a single server which is
running SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0.1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. I'll
investigate further wether it might be only the "other" end that is
causing problems...

Greetings,
Jochen
--