Firefox Launch Problems

Christopher Riker criker at ns-design.com
Fri May 4 13:41:28 PDT 2007

I am trying to get firefox installed in a new installation of Gnome
under MacPorts 1.4.3 OS 10.4.9 XCode 2.4.1.

I have installed firefox-x11 using the command line with the -gnome
switch at the end. Sure enough, it appeared in the gnome menu.
Launching from gnome, however, resulted in no apparent action.

 From the X11 terminal, issuing a ./firefox while in the /opt/local/
bin directory seems to start a launch. It returns this error though:

/opt/local/lib/firefox-1.5.0.1/run-mozilla.sh: line 424: 20231
Illegal instruction     "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

Is there a problem with the current firefox-x11 or am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks!

- Chris