Error

Mervyn barcajax at gmail.com
Fri May 4 23:15:08 PDT 2007

Spoke too soon. I hit a brick wall.
configure: error:
*** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use the
*** GNU gettext library. (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html

Warning: the following items did not execute (for glib2): com.apple.activate
com.apple.configure com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.install
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: glib2 gtk2 atk libpng
zlib pango Xft2 fontconfig freetype xrender render cairo tiff jpeg libpcap
openssl

What does the above mean?