rsync errors

Mark brouce at gmx.net
Sun May 6 08:39:56 PDT 2007

Am 06.05.2007 um 16:42 schrieb Ryan Schmidt:

> On May 6, 2007, at 07:08, Mark wrote:
>
>> port sync failed: sync failed doing rsync
>
> [snip]
>
>> Synchronizing from rsync://rsync.darwinports.org/dpupdate/dports
>> rsync: failed to connect to rsync.darwinports.org: Operation timed
>> out (60)
>> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/
>> rsync-24.1/rsync/clientserver.c(94)
>>
>> Does anybody know how to fix this error? What is the problem?
>
> Let's start by assuming that the problem is what it says it is: it
> can't connect to the rsync server. Are you on a network that
> prohibits traffic on the rsync port 873? Perhaps something in your
> firewall configuration?

Hi!

Ah, now I understand the problem. Thank you ;).

- Yes, I have to use a network, which prohibits to use port 873. I
have to use a proxy server to connect to those services, which
require this port, for example. Do you know how to configure MacPorts
to connect via a proxy? I didn't find any ways to configure it.

- And no, it is not the firewall-configuration. I deactivated it to
test it. The problem is the network itself.

Yours,
Mark