FUSE ports [was Re: sshfs]

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Mon May 7 22:20:18 PDT 2007

On 7.5.2007, at 9.35, Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:

> On 4.5.2007, at 6.21, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
>> My bigger question is how people are managing to use anything
>> depending on fuse at all, at the moment.  On 10.4.9, I get the
>> following build error for libfuse:
>>
>> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _User_jkh_Src_macports_dports_fuse_fusefs/work/fusefs/fuse_knote.h:
>> 17: error: redefinition of 'struct klist'
>> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _Users_jkh_Src_macports_dports_fuse_fusefs/work/fusefs/
>> fuse_knote.h:19: error: redefinition of 'struct filterops'
>> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _Users_jkh_Src_macports_dports_fuse_fusefs/work/fusefs/
>> fuse_knote.h:26: error: redefinition of 'struct kqtailq'
>> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _Users_jkh_Src_macports_dports_fuse_fusefs/work/fusefs/
>> fuse_knote.h:28: error: redefinition of 'struct knote'
>>
>> I've just been assuming that the fuse stuff is broken right now
>> (don't even ask how it horks up on Leopard - not even close to
>> building there).   Are others getting better results with fuse and
>> Tiger?
>>
>> - Jordan
>>
>> On May 3, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:
>>
>>> I recommend asking on the MacFUSE google group.

<snip>
> Hi all,
> there seems to be one small problem with the package. It does not
> build on case-sensitive filesystems! It failed in my home laptop,
> though there were no problems in my work laptop. The main
> difference between the units is the filesystem, at work I didn't
> install the system and the filesystem is the default, at home I use
> the case-sensitive variant (having a still longer UNIX than Mac
> background).
> I looked at the fusefs package and there is an include (in
> fuse_ipc.c):
> #include <UserNotification/kUNCUserNotifications.h>
>
> the file is actually:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Headers/
> UserNotification/KUNCUserNotifications.h
>
> I couldn't yet check whether that fixes the problem, but it seems
> promising. Every port should build on case-sensitive filesystems,
> too!!!
Hi,
as a followup: I've verified this, I just built fusefs on my case-
sensitive system, created a ticket (#11918) with diff for Portfile
and a patch, and also reported this upstream (issue #11, IIRC).

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386