Trouble installing ncurses

Guido Soranzio guido.soranzio at gmail.com
Tue May 8 08:30:09 PDT 2007

On 8 May 2007, at 16:10, Paul Butcher wrote:

 > I'd be very grateful for any pointers to what I'm doing wrong, or
 > how to debug further.

With the changeset 24435 (http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/
macports/changeset/24435)
the "delete" command is being implemented differently and now it tries
to traverse automatically the symbolic links.

You can correct the ncurses Portfile by executing

"sudo port edit ncurses"

and changing the line

"delete ${destroot}${prefix}/share ${destroot}${prefix}/lib/terminfo"

into:

"delete ${destroot}${prefix}/lib/terminfo ${destroot}${prefix}/share"

By reversing the order of the arguments, the symbolic link "lib/
terminfo"
is deleted at first, then its target "../share/terminfo" is removed
correctly.