Php5 won't install, patches fail?

Jeff Adams jeffadams78 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 19:14:23 PDT 2007

I installed MacPorts but later had problems with
readline.  Turns out something else I'd installed
prior to using MacPorts had installed an old version
of readline in /usr/local/lib.  No problem I think,
I'll just remove it.  However, it appears that
MacPorts built itself against that version because the
port command errored out when I moved the readline.
Put it back, port works again.

So I took the "simple" way out, I moved /opt to a temp
directory and reinstalled MacPorts.  Then I redid all
my port installs.  Those were:

gperf
apache2
subversion +mod_dav_svn
mysql5 +server

And then:
php5 +apache2 +macosx +mysql5

And that bombed:

--->  Applying patches to php5
Error: Target com.apple.patch returned: shell command
" cd
"/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_www_php5/work/php-5.2.2"
&& patch -p0 <
'/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/www/php5/files/patch-posix.c.diff'"
returned error 1
Command output: patching file ext/posix/posix.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 16.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 147.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 884.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 909.
ext/posix/posix.c.rej

The posix.c.rej file doesn't seem to have anything
useful in it (just the chunks of code it was trying to
patch, no log/error messages).

What I just noticed is that my old (working) copy,
which is only from a few days ago, is:

php5 @5.2.1_3+apache2+darwin_7+macosx+mysql5

Yet today it's trying to install 5.2.2.  Is 5.2.2 not
working?  How can I force it to install the old
version?  When I try any variation on:

sudo port install php5
@5.2.1_3+apache2+darwin_7+macosx+mysql5

It still downloads and tries to install 5.2.2.

Thanks,
Jeff