error building python24 on mac os x

Stuart Robertson s.glendinning.robertson at googlemail.com
Thu May 10 15:40:02 PDT 2007

On 10 May 2007, at 21:14, paul beard wrote:

> On May 10, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Stuart Robertson wrote:
>
>> Above this message are approx. 220 lines which mostly include
>> 'Python/mactoolboxglue.c:456: warning: return makes integer from
>> pointer without a cast'. I'm guessing that the problem is
>> something to do with the commands used when trying to build
>> python24 but I've too little understanding of unix, the command
>> line, python and compilers to make sense of the appropriate lines.
>> The first two lines of output concerning python are:
>>
>> --->  Building python24 with target all
>> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -c -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-
>> precomp -mno-fused-madd -fno-common -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -
>> g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/opt/local/include -I. -I./
>> Include  -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Python/mactoolboxglue.o Python/
>> mactoolboxglue.c
>
> can you send lines more toward the end of the message so we can see
> where it failed? Those warnings don't mean anything: you should
> have something much more explicit just before the process exits.

I've attached all the lines here as a txt file. Around line 190 the
following appears:

make: *** [Python/mactoolboxglue.o] Error 1
Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/db/dports/build/
_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dp
orts_lang_python24/work/Python-2.4.3" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: Python/mactoolboxglue.c:440: warning: return makes
integer from pointer without a cast

I note Stefan's response but in my terminal output there's no mention
of .exe. Should I try to install python24 by itself using the -f flag?

Stuart