using local patch-filed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 10 15:54:10 PDT 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 17:31, Jochen Küpper wrote:

> Okay guys, I do have another question: How can I use local patch-
> files? I have put them in the local files/ directory, but port
> still tries to fetch them:
>
> > sudo port install
> --->  Fetching qwt
> --->  Attempting to fetch files/qwtconfig.pri from http://distfiles-
> od.opendarwin.org/qwt
> --->  Attempting to fetch files/qwtconfig.pri from http://distfiles-
> msn.opendarwin.org/qwt
> --->  Attempting to fetch files/qwtconfig.pri from http://distfiles-
> od.opendarwin.org/
> --->  Attempting to fetch files/qwtconfig.pri from http://distfiles-
> msn.opendarwin.org/
> Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed

Did you specify the name of the patchfile as "files/qwtconfig.pri"?
You don't need to specify the directory name; MacPorts knows it's
going to be in the files directory. Also, your patchfile name should
begin with "patch-" and end with ".diff", between which should be the
name of the file that's being patched. So if your patch is patching a
file called qwtconfig.pri, then you should call the file "patch-
qwtconfig.pri.diff", put it in the "files" directory in your port's
directory, and put "patchfiles patch-qwtconfig.pri.diff" in the
portfile.