error building python24 on mac os x

Jann Röder roederja at student.ethz.ch
Thu May 10 22:02:43 PDT 2007

I just found something interesting in Mac/OSX/Dist/build :

# If the filesystem is case-sensitive then "python" will be built, but
# some parts of the install expect "python.exe which is what is built
# on a case-insensitive filesystem.  Make a link just in case it is
# needed.
if [ ! -e python.exe ]; then
    ln -s python python.exe
fi

So it is a case-sensitve vs. not case sensitive filesystem, but this
code should fix it... Why isn't it working then ?

Jann