IPv6 variant for Apache 2?

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Sun May 13 16:06:36 PDT 2007

On May 13, 2007, at 10:49 AM, Andre-John Mas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Given that the Apache 2 port does not support IPv6, what do a need to
> do, or who do I talk to to have an IPv6 variant added to the Portfile.

It should be supporting IPv6 by default, no variant needed; it does
on my system:

$ netstat -an |grep "*.80"
tcp46      0      0  *.80                   *.*
LISTEN

$ telnet ::1 80
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 23:05:02 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8a DAV/2 SVN/1.4.3

Is it not supporting it at all, what have you done to verify it's not
working?