python24 upgrade fails?

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Sun May 13 23:36:05 PDT 2007

On 14.5.2007, at 9.13, Michael Dakin wrote:

> On Wed May 9 15:34:37 PDT 2007 Weissmann Markus wrote:
>
> > we already received this error report from another user, but not
> with
> > the hint about the actual version of the python interpreter in
> > $worksrcpath;
> > neither Jann nor Elias nor I did encounter this particular error and
> > we have been unable to reproduce it so far.
> > We're investigating; please throw any hints my way!
>
> I too have encountered this problem while building Python 2.4 with
> MacPorts.
>
> My Mac's filesystem is case sensitive.
>
> Mr. Beard, is your filesystem case sensitive?
>
> There is logic in configure.in (and thus configure) that tests
> whether the filesystem is case INsensitive.  On most Macs this test
> will evaluate to true but on my Mac it will evaluate to false.
> Could this difference be the source of the build failure and the
> fact that some aspects of the build expect "python.exe" to exist?
>
>  -Michael Dakin

Hi,
I think this is being looked into already, but I can confirm this. I
am using two systems currently, one is case-insensitive (at work) and
the other case-sensitive (at home). On my case-insensitive system the
upgrade went smoothly, on the case-sensitive one it failed. This is
probably some upstream issue, but I hope it can be patched here.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386