Failing to upgrade subversion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 14 00:20:46 PDT 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 02:11, toru murakami wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On May 14, 2007, at 01:08, toru murakami wrote:
>>> DEBUG: invalid command name "configure.cppflags"
>> Is your MacPorts up to date? The current version is 1.4.40. If you
>> have an earlier version of MacPorts, which I think you do, then
>> please "sudo port selfupdate" first. Then try installing
>> subversion again.
>
> Is MacPorts-1.4.40 source availabe anywhere?

Sure. It's in the repository. You can use Subversion to check it out
or export it from:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/tags/
release_1_4_40/base

Then ./configure, make and sudo make install. However, if you already
have a version of MacPorts installed, there should be no need to do
this manually; "sudo port selfupdate" should take care of everything.