gnuplot without tetex

mark abney maabney2 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 15:11:54 PDT 2007

Is there some way to upgrade gnuplot to the current 4.2 without
installing tetex? I currently have Tex Live 2007 installed and don't
want to have to install a whole new (and outdated) tex. Looking at the
gnuplot website I can't tell what the dependency on tex is, besides
perhaps to build documentation. If that's the case, surely it could
just use my installed tex.

When I looked at the portfile it has under depends_libs bin:tex:tetex,
which suggests to me that if it finds the binary 'tex' it shouldn't
install tetex. For some reason (or maybe I'm just wrong) this doesn't
work. Does port run under some restricted environment that prevents it
from seeing my full path and so it doesn't find tex? I even tried
deleting this line from the dependencies, but that didn't work (and
doing a port clean --all gnuplot). So, what can be done to stop port
from installing tetex?

Mark A

____________________________________________________________________________________Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.