autoconf macport vs panther's

mark brethen mbrethen at aim.com
Tue May 15 16:31:01 PDT 2007

Modified the system-wide profile. It's working, but I've encountered
another problem; this is on a compile

checking for mad_frame_decode in -lmad... no
configure: error: libmad needed! Download the latest version at
    http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/

port installed gives

libmad @0.15.1b_0 (active)

why is it not finding the library?