autoconf macport vs panther's

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 15 19:51:28 PDT 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 20:28, mark brethen wrote:

> On May 15, 2007, at 9:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On May 15, 2007, at 18:31, mark brethen wrote:
>>
>>> checking for mad_frame_decode in -lmad... no
>>> configure: error: libmad needed! Download the latest version at
>>>    http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/
>>>
>>> port installed gives
>>>
>>> libmad @0.15.1b_0 (active)
>>>
>>> why is it not finding the library?
>>
>> What isn't finding the library? What port are you trying to
>> compile when you get this error?
>
> I'm trying to compile the latest sbv of mp3splt. The current port
> doesn't work with freedb anymore. However, configure fails on
> libmad -- it acts like it's not linking with the library.

I'm not familiar with mp3splt. What is an "sbv"? I see that the
mp3splt portfile uses version 2.1, which is the latest version
according to the mp3splt web site. Is that the version you're using?
I wasn't clear from what you said whether you're using the mp3splt
portfile or attempting to install it manually. I assume you're using
the port. You say it doesn't work with freedb anymore. I'm not
familiar with freedb and the portfile doesn't contain the string
freedb. What is it? How do you know that the mp3splt doesn't work
with it? I just tried to install the mp3splt port and it installed
just fine for me on Intel. Are you on Intel or PowerPC?