Problems installing svk-2.0.1

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu May 17 09:37:04 PDT 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Lyle Johnson wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Lyle Johnson <lyle.johnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a workaround for this?
>
> Ah, found the answer in this Trac ticket:
>
>    http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/9096
>
> Solution was to first run:
>
>    sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell
>
> and then answer "no" to the question about configuring it. Then quit
> the shell, and try the install of "svk" again.

That's actually not the best answer.

The problem is that there are 2 perl modules that svk requires to be
installed that overwrite files in the perl port.

You need to install them with the -f, and they output messages to let
you know that (although it's easy to miss in all of the text that
scrolls by).

These ports are:

p5-file-temp-svkonly
p5-pathtools