Python does not see Macports-installed modules. Why?

Tarage tarage at bellsouth.net
Sat May 19 15:42:23 PDT 2007

Hi everyone. The subject line says it all. I'm trying to get py-gtk2
going on 10.3.9, and in that quest, I've let Macports install all the
dependent libraries, including python24. However, when I go to the
python prompt and run a help() then modules, it doesn't see any of the
modules I've installed! I've experimented with adding various paths to
the python search path, but apparently I'm not adding the right ones to
pick up these modules. I've looked through the archives here and across
the Web. How do I make sure that python will see the Macports-installed
modules?

Thanks!
~Tarage