python25 port and libpython?

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Mon May 21 02:40:40 PDT 2007

Hi Jon,

> Is libpython (e.g., libpython2.5.dylib) installed by the python25
> Portfile?

It wasn't on my build, and indeed no file with a .dylib extension
appears in "port contents python25".  I note that the Portfile for
python24 contains a chunk of code for destrooting things into place
(including libpython.25.dylib) that python25 does not have.  Since
the maintainer for both ports is the same, it might be best for you
to contact the maintainer directly to find out exactly why things are
the way they are.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--