Trac account problems (was Re: Call for MacPorts documentation/site effort)

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Mon May 21 16:41:44 PDT 2007

Hi Michael,

> I tried various things, like doing the account update suggested by
> macosforge ( http://www.macosforge.org/?p=5 ) and creating a new
> account but neither seem to give me write access to the wiki.  I
> can submit tickets to trac though.

Ah, that's a little different; I'm afraid that the behaviour that you
describe is actually what is supposed to happen at present.  In other
words, users with ordinary Trac accounts can only open tickets and
attach files or comments to them (but not change any of a ticket's
properties once opened, even if they opened them); only those who
have been granted commit rights can also edit the wiki.

I believe that things were initially set up this way because there is
currently no other "official" documentation (the old DarwinPorts
official docs not yet having been reborn), and there has been some
discussion about getting this altered, but I'm not sure what the
state of that is at present.  This will certainly be one thing that
the documentation working group will address once it is established
(there are a few people, including myself, who want to work on this,
but none of us yet have enough time to lead it; feel free if you're
up to it!)

In the meantime, I'd be happy to post edits to the wiki on your
behalf.  I know it's not ideal, but it's much better than nothing.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)