GNOME applications menu empty

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Mon May 21 17:36:39 PDT 2007

Hi LD,

On 14/05/2007, at 00:22, LD wrote:

> The GNOME applications menu shows no installed applications in any
> user account. Also, when I try to access help within GNOME, I get
> an error message about no file association. I tried editing
> applications.menu based on information from the GNOME lists, but to
> no avail. I have all the current GNOME ports installed under 10.4.9
> PPC. KDE is also installed, and seems to work about as well as you
> would expect.
>
> Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for replies.

I'm afraid that I don't use GNOME (and don't have the time or space
on my laptop to test it out just now).  I'm just replying (a) so that
you know that you're not being ignored, and (b) in that hope reviving
the thread might bring this to the attention of someone who knows
more about MacPorts' installation of GNOME.

So, anyone able to help LD out here?

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--