Improving the homepage

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Tue May 29 15:03:35 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 2:57 PM
-0800 wrote:
>> I also think the links should be better categorized. The first link
>> should be "Getting started" which links to a real introduction how to
>> setup macports (for starters and also for programmers), with a good
>> example like Gimp or OpenOffice.

>I agree with everything you've written below. We're still
>experiencing some growing pains since switching over to the MacPorts
>name and the new Mac OS Forge hosting.

I disagree only with the "getting started" part.  I think it is too
ambiguous.  If getting started means introduction then why not call it
introduction?  If it means something else, then why not give it an apt
descriptive title?  Getting started means one thing to a developer,
another thing to a beginning user, and yet another to the rest.

Mark