Open Source Mac - Free, Open-Source software for OS X

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at brierdr.com
Wed May 30 10:37:37 PDT 2007

On May 30, 2007, at 9:40 AM, paul beard wrote:

> I'm getting a sense that people who use double-clickable installers
> are somehow not "our sort of people." Goodness knows we can always
> use more snobbery ;-)

I wouldn't argue that at all.  I would instead argue that MacPorts is
simply not READY to serve people who use double-clickable
installers.   That has always been a design goal of MacPorts, but
it's not there yet.  It has a ways to go.  It doesn't even know how
many of its ports even build at a given time yet, much less have them
all packaged up and ready to double click on. :-)

- Jordan