Apache2: Default configuration does not work?

Takashi Yoshida tyoshida at mac.com
Thu Nov 1 04:18:28 PDT 2007

Hi,

This evening, I had some free time to set up my Apache 2 server on my
MacBook Pro.
I was wondering why my Apache 2 server was not starting up when my
machine boot up.

When I ran '/opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl configtest', I had the
following response:

httpd: Syntax error on line 96 of /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into server: Symbol
not found: _ssl_cmd_SSLCACertificateFile\n  Referenced from: /opt/
local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so\n  Expected in: flat namespace\n

I never had this error when I had my Apache 2 server installed via
MacPorts (in Tiger) before.
Is anyone having this problem on a fresh Leopard installation?

Regards,

--
Takashi Yoshida
tyoshida [at] mac [dot] com