Try selfupdate with Leopard => Error md5.h is missing

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 1 16:32:35 PDT 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 7:03 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2007, at 16:30, markd at macports.org wrote:
>
>> James Berry <jberry at macports.org> writes:
>>
>>> The MacPorts port is a PortFile that is used to create the dmg files
>>> that we release when we release a binary version of MacPorts. It
>>> just
>>> treats MacPorts itself like any other port.
>>
>> I think that port's description should be updated so it's purpose
>> is more
>> clear.
>
> A bit weird that this functionality is implemented as a port, isn't
> it?
>
> And getting back on track: then the "MacPorts" port can't have
> anything to do with the original poster's problem.

I didnt say it did have to do with his problem. :) but it is how I
downloaded and built from the source........ and I could then do
selfupdate on Leopard --- which is what he asked about and what made
me think it might have something to do with the *answer* to his
problem......

but what do I know? only that I can selfupdate on Leopard.....

ymmv