subversion dports syncing

Emmanuel Hainry milosh at macports.org
Mon Nov 5 08:01:44 PST 2007

Citando Jochen Küpper :

> Hey, I thought, so I don't need to port trees on my system (I have a
> subversion-tree for Portfile maintenance anyway)... I edit
> /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf and that's what I get:
>
> > port -dv sync
> DEBUG: Synchronizing ports tree(s)
> Synchronizing from file:///Users/jochen/source/macports/dports
> DEBUG: /opt/local/bin/svn update --non-interactive
> /Users/jochen/source/macports/dports
> DEBUG: changing euid/egid - current euid: 957 - current egid: 700
> DEBUG: could not set effective gid to -1
>     while executing
> "setegid [name_to_gid [file attributes $portdir -group]]"
> DEBUG: sync failed doing svn update
>     while executing
> "mportsync"
> port sync failed: sync failed doing svn update
>

> > sudo port -dv sync
> DEBUG: Synchronizing ports tree(s)
> Synchronizing from file:///Users/jochen/source/macports/dports
> DEBUG: /opt/local/bin/svn update --non-interactive
> /Users/jochen/source/macports/dports
> DEBUG: changing euid/egid - current euid: 0 - current egid: 0
> svn: Kann Datei ?\194?\187/Users/jochen/.subversion/servers?\194?\171 nicht
> ?\195?\182ffnen: Permission denied
> DEBUG: shell command "/opt/local/bin/svn update --non-interactive
> /Users/jochen/source/macports/dports" returned error 1
> Command output: svn: Kann Datei
> ?\194?\187/Users/jochen/.subversion/servers?\194?\171 nicht
> ?\195?\182ffnen: Permission denied
>
>     while executing
> "system $svn_commandline"
> DEBUG: sync failed doing svn update
>     while executing
> "mportsync"
> port sync failed: sync failed doing svn update
>

> I know how to update that dports tree manually, but it would be nice to
> have port sync working that way;)

Unfortunately, setegid more or less never works (yes even root cannot
set its effective gid to a group that is not its primary group). The way
to make things work would be to chown your svn tree to the user:group
that will do the svn update/port sync (so probably 957:700).

The line
> DEBUG: could not set effective gid to -1
is strange. Is this directory belonging to a non-existing group?

Emmanuel