local portindex failing on net/tcpflow - macosx_deployment_target

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Nov 5 09:40:59 PST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 10:38, Adam Mercer wrote:

> On 05/11/2007, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>
>> On Nov 5, 2007, at 08:45, Adam Mercer wrote:
>>
>>> In my local ports repository, portindex is failing when running on
>>> net/tcpflow with the following error:
>>>
>>> Error: Error executing darwin_9: invalid command name
>>> "macosx_deployment_target"
>>> Failed to parse file net/tcpflow/Portfile: Error evaluating variants
>>>
>>> Any idea why this is happening in my local ports repository, yet not
>>> in the master repository? I'm running the latest 1.520 release.
>>
>> The portindex in the repository is generated on my machine which
>> currently runs 10.4.
>>
>> You appear to be running on 10.5, so the darwin 9 platform variant
>> gets run on your machine, but not on on mine.
>
> Thanks, I was worrying that there was something strange with my
> installation.

Well, but wait, this means that the tcpflow port cannot be used on
Mac OS X Leopard unless the user builds MacPorts from trunk, right?
macosx_deployment_target wasn't added to MacPorts until r30396 on
October 26, 2007. And I thought we always want to keep our ports
working on the currently-released version of MacPorts.