apache2 MacPorts info message

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Mon Nov 5 15:39:00 PST 2007

On 30.10.2007, at 23:12, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2007, at 16:27, Jochen Küpper wrote:
>
>> On 30.10.2007, at 19:55, markd at macports.org wrote:
>>
>>> sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/
>>> org.macports.apache2.plist
>>>
>>> is intended to remove the "Disabled" tag, and always has for me.
>>> And
>>> unload will place it there again.  I'm not sure why it wouln't do
>>> that for
>>> you though.
>>
>> Okay, sorry for me being to quick here!
>>
>> Yes, it does work as you describe for me as well. I was put off by
>> the fact that it moved the flags somewhere else (before the
>> "array") inside the file.
>>
>> However, it does still not restart apache at boot-time. Is there
>> more I have to do? I am still not moved to Mac OS X (from my Unix
>> experience) in that respect and don't really know how all this is
>> done here...
>
> Maybe this is the restart-netchange problem.

Apparently not...

I have now rebootet the system after changing the file
   /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist
to the following including the --restart-netchange option (well, this
is the version after I started it manually). Still does not start
apache at startup;(

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://
www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
         <key>Debug</key>
         <false/>
         <key>Label</key>
         <string>org.macports.apache2</string>
         <key>OnDemand</key>
         <false/>
         <key>ProgramArguments</key>
         <array>
                 <string>/opt/local/bin/daemondo</string>
                 <string>--label=apache2</string>
                 <string>--restart-netchange</string>
                 <string>--start-cmd</string>
                 <string>/opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/
org.macports.apache2/apache2.wrapper</string>
                 <string>start</string>
                 <string>;</string>
                 <string>--stop-cmd</string>
                 <string>/opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/
org.macports.apache2/apache2.wrapper</string>
                 <string>stop</string>
                 <string>;</string>
                 <string>--restart-cmd</string>
                 <string>/opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/
org.macports.apache2/apache2.wrapper</string>
                 <string>restart</string>
                 <string>;</string>
                 <string>--pid=none</string>
         </array>