need help building octave

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 7 12:03:37 PST 2007

This looks like something that will have to be corrected by the Octave authors:

> > .macports.org_release_ports_lang_gcc40/work/gcc-4.0.4/gcc/config/
> > rs6000/host-darwin.c:
> > In function 'darwin_rs6000_extra_signals':
> > /opt/local/var/macports/build/
> > _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
> > .macports.org_release_ports_lang_gcc40/work/gcc-4.0.4/gcc/config/
> > rs6000/host-darwin.c:130:
> > warning: passing argument 1 of 'sigaltstack' from incompatible
 pointer
> > type
> > make[2]: *** [host-darwin.o] Error 1

The Leopard release involved some changes in the signal handling internals, which generate these kinds of errors.  I created some patches for Erlang, SML/NJ, and so forth to deal with it but I haven't looked at Octave.

It is worth checking with the main Octave site to see if they have released any updates; most likely, other Leopard users have already complained to them about this problem.

Thanks,

-Brent