leopard install

eoghan eoghanj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:59:55 PST 2007

Ok my install finished, but when I try a selfupdate I get this error:
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.520
Configuring, Building and Installing new MacPorts base
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.0.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.0.0
checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.0.0
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: selfupdate failed: Error installing new
MacPorts base: shell command "cd
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/base &&
./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-install-user=root
--with-install-group=admin --with-tclpackage=/Library/Tcl && make &&
make install" returned error 77
Command output: checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.0.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.0.0
checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.0.0
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.

anyone any suggestions?