Unsuccessful xfig install

Charles Rich rich at WPI.EDU
Fri Nov 16 16:26:09 PST 2007

Hi Ryan,  Thank you very much---it is always remarkable to me how via
the web one can receive help from complete strangers.

I guess I screwed up by starting to use Macports before installing
Apple's X11.    Anyways, to avoid further library version skew I
uninstalled everying in Macports and reinstalled.  That seems to have
cleared things up, except for the following warning:

>> --->  Staging xfig into destroot
>> Warning: violation by /etc
>> Warning: violation by /usr
>> Warning: xfig violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
>> Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is
>> intended), it will be an error in future releases!
>> --->  Installing xfig 3.2.5_1

Do you know what this means?  Should I worry about it?

Finally, regarding your suggestion enter a ticket re this issue of
XFree86 vs. Apple X11, I am afraid I am too much of newbie to do a
proper job of that.    If you think it is appropriate, could you
please enter the ticket.

Many thanks,

-C. Rich