wine on os x leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 17 20:36:37 PST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 20:14, Michael Staggs wrote:

> I opened ticket #13000 3 weeks ago because wine won't compile on
> Leopard.  It still doesn't compile.  Is the wine port officially
> without a maintainer?
>
> I don't understand enough about things to fix the problem myself.

I am the maintainer of the wine port. Jyrki Wahlstedt is frequently
quicker to commit updates than I am so you may as well consider him a
maintainer of wine too. (Feel free to add yourself to the maintainer
line, Jyrki.) I have seen #13000 but do not know how to fix it, since
I do not have Leopard and thus cannot test fixes myself, and since
the software apparently compiles fine outside of MacPorts, which is
somewhat baffling. I am waiting for someone to say "Here's how you
fix it" so that I can fix the portfile for you.

Looking at the ticket now, it looks like Anders thinks it's the SHELL
environment variable. I could try setting that in the portfile and
then you could try it and see if that works for you.