Unable to build the jpeg port under Leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 18 20:05:21 PST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 20:20, Dan Makovec wrote:

> I can't get jpeg port to build under 10.5.  Any ideas what's wrong
> here?

Leopard is being problematic for many ports, and jpeg 6b is 9 years
old, so maybe it needs some help.

Still, I found this post which seems to indicate that jpeg 6b can be
build on Leopard without too much trouble.

http://onrails.org/articles/2007/11/03/installing-rmagick-on-leopard-
without-macports-or-fink

They just replaced the libtool. So you could try this:

cd `port dir jpeg`
sudo port clean --work
sudo port extract
cd work/jpeg-6b
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/glibtool ./libtool
cd ../..
sudo port install

See if that works. If it does, we can update the portfile to do this
automatically.