glib2 install error

Paul paul at walliser-zott.de
Mon Nov 19 10:56:30 PST 2007

Hi Ryan,

thanks a lot!
I coincidentally did all updates yesterday, but it is still the same
error (now MAC OSX 10.4.11, Xcode 2.5., libiconv 1.12, glib2.14.3).
This line seems to point to the root cause, I believe:
*****
configure:6791: checking for iconv_open
configure:6847: gcc -o conftest -O2 -funroll-loops -fstrict-aliasing -
I/opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib -bind_at_load -framework Carbon
conftest.c  >&5
/usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: /System/Library/
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib isym field of reference table
entry 635 past the end of the symbol table
******
Do you know what this linker message means? Btw, I couldn't find
conftest.c anywhere in the distribution, can you tell how it is
generated?

best regards,

Andy