xfig crash after removing Xaw3d dependency

Glenn Jones jonesglenn at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 11:58:23 PST 2007

Hi

I'm currently having problems trying to get xfig3.2.5_1 not to crash on my imac. I have followed the instructions of Stefan (http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-August/005138.html) where by I remove xfig's the dependency on Xaw by doing the following:

sudo port uninstall xfig
sudo port clean xfig
sudo port -v extract xfig
cd  /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/xfig/work/xfig.3.2.5/
sudo vi Imakefile
        # search for: #define XAW3D
    # comment (XCOMM) the just found line

I then remove the line port:Xaw3d in the file /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/xfig/Portfile

sudo port -v install xfig

I get the following messages:

Warning: violation by /etc
Warning: violation by /usr
Warning: xfig violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended), it will be an error in future releases!
--->  Installing xfig 3.2.5_1
--->  Activating xfig 3.2.5_1
--->  Cleaning xfig
--->  Removing build directory for xfig

When I open xfig and then try and use the file menu it crashes and gives the following error

color = '#ffcccc'
xfig3.2.5: SIGBUS signal trapped
xfig: figure empty or not modified - exiting
Abort

Any ideas what may be going on?

Thanks
Glenn