libintl removal and a spurious libgcc

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:24:03 PST 2007

Greetings -- when trying to build glib2, I've stumbled upon the
libintl issue, which I've fixed according to

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/ProblemHotlist

The only speed-up I did was as follows: joined all port names with
spaces and ran single command like

sudo port uninstall -f atk findutils gawk gettext glib2 gmake gnupg
gnutar gnutls gsed libgcrypt neon opencdk subversion subversion-
perlbindings texinfo wget whois

Then I did port clean --archive <same long line with all port names>,
worked fine, too.

Then I tried to install them anew with

port install -f <same long line>

(*) -- and fun started, gettext wanted to get installed again after a
few ports, said it can't and halted the sequence.  I've just cut off
the prefix of the port list and hit enter, and did this until it all
had run through.  Seemed OK.

Unfortunately, I got a problem with iconv when I tried it recently,
and I've realized I might have another issue.  I got GNAT, a GCC with
Ada in it, for Mac from macada,org.  It installs into /usr/local/
ada-4.3/, which I symlinked to /usr/local/ada/.  I might have left /
usr/local/ada/bin/ on the path in the shell where I did the port
rebuilds -- I'm no longer sure.  The strange thing is, the error I
get is

/data/bruc/1/1g/unig iconv -f cp1251 -t utf8 < from > to
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/ada/lib/libgcc_s.1.0.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
   Reason: image not found
zsh: trace trap  iconv -f cp1251 -t utf8 < from > to

There's no ibgcc_s.1.0.dylib in /usr/local/ada/lib/ at all! There are

/usr/local/ada/lib ls libgcc*
libgcc_s.1.dylib  libgcc_s.10.4.dylib  libgcc_s.10.5.dylib
libgcc_s_ppc64.1.dylib  libgcc_s_x86_64.1.dylib

Questions:

-- for the list of ports such as those given by depsearch.sh in
ProblemHotlist, how can we see which of them depend on anything from /
usr/local/ada/lib/ ?  Did it happen due to /usr/local/ada/bin/gcc on
the PATH, or somehow else -- and why the non-existent 1.0 dylib?

-- should I rebuild those?
-- if I rebuild, is it OK to put all names on the line -- then how do
I prevent intermediate choking as in (*)?

Cheers,
Alexy