cdrtools returning error on install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 21 23:21:44 PST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 23:59, Tomasz Finc wrote:

>> > 10.4 and 10.5 both include /usr/share/libtool/config.guess, so if
>> > you don't have it, we need to fix that. Maybe it's provided by an
>> > optional package you didn't install? Tell us what OS version you
>> > have first, then we can postulate what package you might be
>> missing.
>>
>> I wonder if this is an Xcode 2.5 thing, as I don't have a /usr/share/
>> libtool directory at all; config.sub and config.guess are present
>> in /
>> usr/share/automake-1.6 however.
>> This is on 10.4.11, Xcode 2.5, MBP.
>

> That could very well be it as I'm running Xcode 2.5 on OSX 10.4.11
> and see the same issues with missing files and directory layout.

Interesting. Maybe that's it. I'm still running Xcode 2.4.1 (and have
the files). But then why would Xcode 3.0 bring the files back? Hmm.

I guess this bears out the reason MacPorts uses its own software, not
Apple's: In MacPorts, we know what's up and Apple can't mess us up
when they change things behind our backs. So I guess the ports really
should be changed to depend on libtool and to grab config.guess from $
{prefix} instead of from /usr/share/libtool.

These ports are probably affected by this problem:

$ grep /usr/share/libtool/config.guess */*/Portfile | sed s%/
Portfile.*$%%
archivers/arj
emulators/basiliskii
games/xboard