build of physfs 1.0.1 failed (dependency of Lincity-NG)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 22 01:59:18 PST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007, at 02:55, Sven Wolf wrote:

> today I tried to install Lincity-NG. But the build of physfs 1.0.1
> failed on my Mac Mini (1.83 GHz, 1 GB ram, Leopard 10.5.1). Before
> I started the build I've executed: "sudo port selfupdate". Here is
> the errorlog of the physfs 1.0.1 build:

[snip]

> Undefined symbols:
>   "_readline", referenced from:
>       _main in test_physfs.o
>   "_add_history", referenced from:
>       _main in test_physfs.o
>       _main in test_physfs.o
>       _main in test_physfs.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found

I'm guessing that's similar to what was fixed by this change for
Tiger two and a half years ago:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/changeset/11813

I applied a similar fix for Leopard:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/changeset/31395

If you wait 30 minutes and then "sudo port selfupdate" again you
should get the change, and should be able to install it with "sudo
port clean --work physfs" and "sudo port install physfs".