php5 + sockets

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 24 00:06:25 PST 2007

On Nov 23, 2007, at 13:42, Roger Hoover wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2007 3:34 AM, Brian Matzon wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a variant sockets, but it seems to have either gone
>> missing - or never made available.
>> Is this a simple oversight, or are there issues with adding the
>> sockets
>> variant to php5?

It was made available; it is available. I closed the ticket you filed
as fixed and added a note there on October 30:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12919

> It's checked into svn so I think that means it will get released with
> macports 1.6

No, ports are not versioned or tied to MacPorts releases; changes in
ports are always available immediately (allowing 30 minutes for the
change to propagate from the svn server to the rsync server). "sudo
port selfupdate" and then the variant should be available.

$ port variants php5
php5 has the variants:
         universal
         darwin_6
         darwin_7
         darwin_8
         macosx
         apache
         apache2
         fastcgi
         imap
         tidy
         mssql
         snmp
         macports_snmp
         mysql3
         mysql4
         mysql5
         postgresql
         sqlite
         ipc
         pcntl
         pear
         sockets: Add socket communication functions
$