Can't install Gimp on 10.5.1

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:21:55 PST 2007

On 11/27/07, Michael E. Shamgochian <shamgochian at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2007, at 11:44 PM, paul beard wrote:
> >

> > On 11/26/07, Michael E. Shamgochian <chagrinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Strange! This is pretty much a clean install of MacPorts - I've tried
> > reinstalling MacPorts to see if that would solve the problem. Right
> > now, I'm just getting this from port installed:
> >
> > The following ports are currently installed:
> >    par2 @0.4_1+darwin_9 (active)
> >    unrar @3.7.8_0 (active)
> >
> > (I installed those two with no trouble.)
> >
> > odd. Not sure how you picked out two ports that don't depend on
> > gettext, expat, or libiconv ;-)
> >
> > to go back to the top of this thread, gimp2 has library dependencies
> > on:
> >         aalib
> >         curl
> >         libart_lgpl
> >         libexif
> >         libgnomeui
> >         libgtkhtml
> >         libmng
> >         librsvg
> >         libwmf
> >         p5-xml-parser
> >         poppler
> >         py25-gtk
> >

> > and those all have dependencies on other things. So it should take
> > some time to install.
> >
> > Why you were seeing all those messages eludes me. Want to try
> > installing gimp2 again?
> >
> > try:
> >
> > port -d install gimp2 | tee /tmp/logfile.txt so you get the entrails
> > to peruse later.
> >
> > --
> > Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
> > <paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>
>
> It seems to be working now (compiling stuff), after issuing that
> command. I'm not sure what was going wrong before, except that I was
> trying to install gimp before, not gimp2 (but they seem to be mostly
> the same)...

One is a superset of the other . . . . glad it's working now.

[/Users/paul]:: port info gimp gimp2
gimp 2.4, Revision 3, graphics/gimp (Variants: universal, macosx, animation)
http://www.gimp.org/

This is a META port for the gimp2 which includes help and documentation,
support for icns, jp2000 and RAW formats, content-aware rescaling Gutenprint
and scanner frontends and even a nice theme (Nodoka). Mac OS X users also
get a Gimp.app bundle, a "Show in Finder" menu and clipboard integration.

Library Dependencies: icns-gimp, gimp-jp2, gimp-lqr-plugin,
gimp-user-manual, gtk-nodoka-engine, gutenprint, ufraw, xsane, gimp-app,
macclipboard-gimp, macfile-gimp
Platforms: darwin
Maintainers: nomaintainer at macports.org
gimp2 2.4.2, graphics/gimp2 (Variants: universal, without_gnome, no_python,
dbus)
http://www.gimp.org/

The GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is a powerful tool for the
preparation and manipulation of digital images. The GIMP provides the user
with a wide variety of image manipulation, painting, processing, and
rendering tools.

Library Dependencies: aalib, curl, libart_lgpl, libexif, libgnomeui,
Maintainers: nomaintainer at macports.org