PHP PECL Extension Installation Failure

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Wed Nov 28 23:27:10 PST 2007

John P wrote:
> Thanks Bjarne.  I got it working finally!
>
> I followed your suggestion using the instructions at
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.pecl.phpize.php
> and did the following:
>    pecl download fileinfo
>    tar xvzf Fileinfo-1.0.4.tgz
>    cd Fileinfo-1.0.4
>    phpize
>    ./configure --with-fileinfo=/opt/local
>    make
>    make install
>
> This creates the extension file fileinfo.so
>
> Edit php.ini to load the dynamic extension from where ever the fileinfo.so
> file is located by adding the following line:
>    extension=<path to fileinfo.so>fileinfo.so

It might also be possible to specify where the *.so gets installed:
./configure --prefix=<path> --with-fileinfo=/opt/local

> Restart of apache and it all appears to work.
>
> Thanks again.  Really appreciate it.

Glad you got it working :-)

I'ld still like to know where the magic.h comes from ;-)
Could you post the result of this command:
port provides /opt/local/include/magic.h
or tell me where else you got it from :-)
I can't offhand find a macport version of libmagic :-(

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa