Problems compiling dbus-glib (freezing)

Brett Randall brett at hillsong.com
Fri Nov 30 03:34:17 PST 2007

Hey all

I'm very new to Mac. Have been using Debian linux for years but decided to
give Mac OS X a go. Trying to get a bunch of apps working in Mac OS X but
the dbus-glib library is not compiling. The port install sits there for
hours doing nothing, and if I try a manual "make all", it gets to this line:

Making all in core
../../dbus/dbus-binding-tool --prefix=my_object --mode=glib-server
--output=test-service-glib-glue.h ./test-service-glib.xml

And then sits there for hours. If I control-break out of it, I get an empty
test-service-glib-glue.h file. If I kill the process, it dumps out a file
but its broken half way through.

Does anyone know what the problem is, and how I can either fix it or work
around it to get this dependency compiled?

Thanks!
--
Brett Randall
Systems Engineer

The material contained in this email may be confidential, and may also
be the subject of copyright and/or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this
document is prohibited. If you have received this document in error,
please advise the sender and delete the document.

This email communication does not create or vary any contractual
relationship between Hillsong and you. Internet communications are not
secure and accordingly Hillsong does not accept any legal liability
for the contents of this message.

Please note that neither Hillsong nor the sender accepts any
responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the
email and any attachments.

Hillsong
www.hillsong.com