Ruby Fails

John Labovitz johnl at johnlabovitz.com
Fri Nov 30 14:21:31 PST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 2:16 PM, Roger Hoover wrote:

> I think I ran into the same issue.  For some reason, something was
> wrong
> with my gem port.

I've noticed that sometimes having RUBYOPT set (or unset) can trigger
this problem.  (I have RUBYOPT set to "-rubygems" in my .bashrc.)

I just did a new MP installation the other day, and found that I had
to "export RUBYOPT=" (to set it to an empty string), and try the "port
install rb-rubygems" a couple of times before it was successful.

--John