MySQL5, OS X 10.4.10, startups, etc.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 1 14:20:20 PDT 2007

On Oct 1, 2007, at 08:39, Chris Janton wrote:

> On 2007-09-30 , at 23:41 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> That's odd. I only get the message "nothing found to load" when a
>> plist file does not exist. Does it exist? Here's how it is on my
>> system:
>>
>> $ ls -l /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mysql5.plist
>> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  74 Sep 10 21:49 /Library/LaunchDaemons/
>> org.macports.mysql5.plist -> /opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/
>> org.macports.mysql5/org.macports.mysql5.plist
>>
>> $ ls -l /opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mysql5/
>> org.macports.mysql5.plist
>> -rw-r--r--   2 root  wheel  981 Oct  1 01:29 /opt/local/etc/
>> LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mysql5/org.macports.mysql5.plist
>>
>> If you do not have these items, what does "port contents mysql5"
>> tell you? Is the plist shown there?
>>
>> $ port contents mysql5 | grep plist
>>   /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mysql5.plist
>>   /opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mysql5/
>> org.macports.mysql5.plist
>>
>> Do you have the latest MacPorts and port definitions? "sudo port
>> selfupdate"
>
> The symbolic link to the .plist file was missing from /Library/
> LaunchDaemons
> I created the symbolic link by hand. Now things are working as
> expected.
>
> mac 2 # sudo port selfupdate
> MacPorts base version 1.520 installed
> Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.520
> The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was not updated
> selfupdate done!
> mac 3 # sudo port sync
> mac 4 # sudo port outdated
> No installed ports are outdated.

I wonder why the symlink isn't there. Is it listed in the port's
contents? (port contents mysql5)

By the way, "selfupdate" already includes "sync" so you do not need
to "sync" manually if you already used "selfupdate".

Please remember to Reply To All so that your response goes to the
list too, not just to me.