Problems installing Oregano.

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 05:21:11 PDT 2007

Okay, this is all in the portfile, I assume?  Out of curiosity, why TCL?

I know that there is at least one new dependency.  The problem I'm
having at the moment is that the new package uses scons to build and I
can't get it to run.  I installed the new dependency with port and
also scons, but when I go to run scons in the src directory, it
doesn't run.  Upon investigation I found that scons is trying to run
with /opt/local/bin/python and it's not there because the install was
differentiated from the default Mac OS X installation of python.  The
port version is /opt/ocal/bin/python2.4.  I'm sure scons has some kind
of config file somewhere, but I'll have to dig for it.

There will be a sconsscript rather than a configure file, but the idea
is the same.  Is there anything special I have to do with the portfile
to build the package with scons, or is that basically the same deal
too?

Cheers,
mike

--